EZ BUFF is a new water based technology that is designed to quickly lift and remove the oxidized gel coat, with minimum scratching of the integral gel coat. It also contains polishing aids to polish the remaining gel coat to a high mirror finish. Rubbing compounds are liquid sand paper. They contain various grades of grit, suspended in a liquid, usually with waxes, silicones and solvents to help lubricate and glide the grit. They are designed to cut away at the surface. The first, coarse grit removes the oxidized and damaged surface and the remaining medium and fine grits are used to further cut the surface down to the depth of the scratches from the coarse grit, until the swirls and scratches are removed. The wax and silicone also function to fill in minor scratches so they are not so noticeable.
EZ BUFF® KIT - FOR SALTWATER
Everything you need to restore the finish on your Fiberglass Boat.
YOU TOO CAN RESTORE THE FADED GELCOAT ON YOUR BOAT TO A MIRROR FINISH
BOAT CLEAN PLUS®: Cleaner / Degreaser.
BOAT SCRUB®: Deoxidizer / Stain Remover.
EZ BUFF®: One Step Buffing Cream & Polish.
EZ BUFF EXTENDER®: Eliminates Swirls and Burn Through.
MARINE POWER MITT®: Boat Scrub Accessory. Reduces scrubbing labor.
BLUE WATER HULL POLISH®: Superior Protection against Salt Damage and Etching.
BOAT CLEAN PLUS®
Free Rinsing Cleaner / Degreaser
Removes surface pollutants and dirt so it doesn't get buffed into the pores of the gelcoat. Safe for All Surfaces. Environment Friendly.
Learn More About BOAT CLEAN PLUS®
Free Rinsing Deoxidizer / Stain Remover
Removes heavy oxidation, chalk, stains and scuffs in preparation for buffing. Environment Friendly.
Learn More About BOAT SCRUB®
One Step Buffing Cream & Polish with Lumiglow®
Restores faded, oxidized gelcoat back to its original finish, without swirls and burn through. Also effective at removing light scratches and swirls. Contains Lumiglow® to enhance color. Water based, Environment Friendly.
Learn More About EZ BUFF®
EZ BUFF EXTENDER®
Lubricates. Eliminates Swirls & Burn Through
Use with EZ BUFF® when buffing gel coat, to extend the working time, reduce evaporation and lubricate the surface to protect against scratching and swirl marks.
Learn More About EZ BUFF EXTENDER®
MARINE POWER MITT®
Boat Scrub Accessory. Reduces Scrubbing Labor
Synthetic Fiber Power Mitt Turbocharges Boat Scrubbing, without scratching. Reduces labor and fatigue. Better, more consistent results when used with BOAT CLEAN PLUS® and BOAT SCRUB®.
Learn More About MARINE POWER MITT®
BLUE WATER HULL POLISH®
Superior Protection against Salt Damage and Etching.
BLUE WATER HULL POLISH with LSE®, Rinse Clean Technology, is Hydrophobic, which makes it difficult for water, or salt water, to stick. Hydrophobic means that it hates water, both salt and fresh, and repels it.
Learn More About BLUE WATER HULL POLISH®
- Restores the original shine to your boat.
- Enhances Color.
- One Step Buff & Polish. Saves Time and Money.
- Easy to use even by inexperienced buffers.
- Tough on Oxidation. Easy on Gelcoat.
- No swirls or burn through.
Frequently Asked Questions
For More Information Ask The Skipper
One Step Buffing Cream for Gel Coat
Clean surface with BOAT CLEAN PLUS® and water, rinse and dry.
Light to Medium Oxidized Gel Coat:
1. Use a rotary buffer and wool pad at low to medium speed.
2. Apply EZ BUFF® to a 2′ x 2′ section with a brush or rag and prime the pad with EZ BUFF EXTENDER® or EZ BUFF®.
3. Polish the area, with medium pressure, in a side to side and up and down overlapping pattern. As the buffing cream is consumed, reduce the pressure and keep polishing until you achieve the desired gloss. If EZ BUFF® begins to dry, spray with EZ BUFF EXTENDER®. Clean the pad often, against a sharp steel bar while running the buffer.
4. Finish inaccessible areas by hand using EZ BUFF® and a cloth. Repeat if necessary. Wipe clean with a microfiber cloth and protect with two coats of PREMIUM BOAT SHINE®.
Heavily Oxidized or Stained Gel Coat:
Scrub the surface with BOAT SCRUB® and a MARINE POWER MITT® or rotary buffer and wool pad, then buff to a high shine with EZ BUFF®. Always keep damp. If BOAT SCRUB® begins to dry, mist with water.
WARNING: May cause eye irritation. PRECAUTIONS: Avoid Contact with eyes.
Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor if you feel unwell.
IF ON SKIN (or hair):
Wash off with soap & water.
IF IN EYES:
Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
Aurora Marine Shipping Policy
We Ship to 48 contiguous US States & Canada (Out areas call for Quote. Please note we do not ship to PO Boxes.) for a flat rate of only $10.95 delivered to your door.
Get FREE Shipping When you Order $100 or More.
For International Shipping, please call for a quote.
EZ Buff Kit® - 18ft
- Catalog No: 01367
- Shipping Weight: 6.8 lb (3.08 kg)
EZ Buff Kit® - 24ft
- Catalog No: 01368
- Shipping Weight: 8.22 lb (3.73 kg)
EZ Buff Kit® - 28ft
- Catalog No: 01369
- Shipping Weight: 16.11 lb (7.31 kg)
EZ Buff Kit® - 32ft
- Catalog No: 01365
- Shipping Weight: 16.44 lb (7.45 kg)
EZ Buff Kit® - 36ft
- Catalog No: 01366
- Shipping Weight: 29.07 lb (13.19 kg)
EZ Buff Kit® - 40ft
- Catalog No: 01364
- Shipping Weight: 30.49 lb (13.83 kg)
Other Useful Links